Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck in Open Position - P2004

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Herby

Reaction score
I repeated pick up a P2004 code on my 2007 Expedition. Changed the solenoid and the PCM, (yeah I know. have to do a better job on the troubleshooting end.) I finally disconnected the battery leads, connected the two via a jumper to clear the capacitance on the circuit. Code goes a way for a few days but comes back. I am at my wits end. Any suggestions?

Timo2824

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I repeated pick up a P2004 code on my 2007 Expedition. Changed the solenoid and the PCM, (yeah I know. have to do a better job on the troubleshooting end.) I finally disconnected the battery leads, connected the two via a jumper to clear the capacitance on the circuit. Code goes a way for a few days but comes back. I am at my wits end. Any suggestions?
Solenoid? It's a open/closed actuator on the back of the intake. You should be able to twist it and move both arms freely, shouldn't hang-up anywhere in the travel. It's a spring closed so when you let go it'll snap back closed. If it feels like it has a sticky spot, you can take the intake off and clean it. Mine had carbon deposits on it, order the intake gaskets because they'll need replaced, and the coolant crossover tube as well. The actuator has an end switch in it that tells the pcm that it's open/closed so if it's moving freely it could be a wire/connector issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-070124_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-070124_eBay.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
H

Herby

Reaction score
Thank. I ended up removing the manifold to get to the solenoid. It so happens the aftermarket solenoid i purchased was defective. Installed a Ford factory part and problem solved. (Note to self....... NEVER PURCHASE DORMAN AFTERMARKET PARTS!!!)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire