Intelligent access of rear passenger side door stopped working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arefin932

Reaction score
The Intelligent access of rear passenger side door stopped working. Intelligent access for the rest of the doors work. It's a 2020 Expedition Max XLT, 42000 mileage. Please suggest what I need to look into. Thanks in advance.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check for any loose/unplugged cables under seat. Does it make any noise when you push the button ?

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try replacing the battery in your key fob as a first check as well. It's possible the fob battery is weak.

Wnomis

Reaction score
I had that happen to me before. The issue was that the battery in the vehicle was low on charge/weak. Does your start/stop still work? If you have noticed that hasn’t been doing it’s thing it’s a possibility that the battery is weak. On one of the menus I think the one that has your speedometer and assorted other things you can check your start/stop status and see what it says there. Mine did it during COVID when we didn’t drive that much and lucky for me the dealer replaced the battery under warranty.

OP
OP
A

arefin932

Reaction score
My auto start/stop is turned on but it doesn't work. Weird thing is intelligent access for the rest of the doors work. Like others mentioned replacing the key fob battery may fix the issue. I have ordered the batteries from Amazon which will be delivered tomorrow. Will try that first. If that doesn't work then will have the main battery checked. Thanks to all for the quick response. I am glad that I have joined this forum of nice people.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your vehicle is showing the classic signs of a dying battery. One-by-one the systems in the vehicle are shut off to preserve whatever charge remains in the battery. If you were to put it on a trickle charger overnight, the intelligent access will probably work again. Maybe even the Auto Start Stop, but probably not. Consider that to be a plus. If you install a new battery, all will work again like before.

OP
OP
A

arefin932

Reaction score
Your vehicle is showing the classic signs of a dying battery. One-by-one the systems in the vehicle are shut off to preserve whatever charge remains in the battery. If you were to put it on a trickle charger overnight, the intelligent access will probably work again. Maybe even the Auto Start Stop, but probably not. Consider that to be a plus. If you install a new battery, all will work again like before.
I went to AutoZone to get the battery checked. They said, the battery is good but needs to be charged. Currently at 64%. They told me to take the battery out and bring it to AutoZone and they will charge is for free, usually takes 2 hours. Does trickle charger do the same? I never used trickle charger.

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A trickle charge would be what they’re going to do. I’ve also had this problem and then it stopped after a 3 hour road trip on continuous highway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65