iPhone text messages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
has anyone had issues with text messages with iPhone and sync?
My 11 limited EL doesn’t allow me to see or notify me I have texts. Everything is switch on via Bluetooth but still don’t get any. Is there a solution???

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my limited understanding of this is that Bluetooth does not support text messaging protocol I cannot get it to work with my Android head unit either

but I could be wrong

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my limited understanding of this is that Bluetooth does not support text messaging protocol I cannot get it to work with my Android head unit either

but I could be wrong

What kind of android head unit do u have?

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that sucks. What’s the point of having the text feature on the radio if it doesn’t work. Could there be a hack of some sort?

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kind of android head unit do u have?
just a Chinese off brand

shouldn't be texting and driving anyway so doesn't really matter to me but that's what I was told by the manufacturer when I asked about it. It will work if you mirror the phone but that's not using the Bluetooth connection

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just a Chinese off brand

shouldn't be texting and driving anyway so doesn't really matter to me but that's what I was told by the manufacturer when I asked about it. It will work if you mirror the phone but that's not using the Bluetooth connection

True. Some of those Chinese off brands are the best looking because they look stock. The pioneer one I looked at you can totally tell is aftermarket.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah I did not want to dump a bunch of money in a radio, actually I was just looking for a backup camera since I tow a lot and its a godsend for hooking up trailers

then I stumbled across these Android head units figured I would give one a try

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It works fine on my 17. When a text message comes in on the screen you have the option to see it or hear. It if you click hear it it reads the message. If you press and hold the voice button, Siri will let you send a voice text, you just have to tell her "period" at the end of the sentence or "question mark" etc. for proper punctuation. It works great, I really have not problems and I'm using an iPhone 6 plus so it's several generations behind.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It works fine on my 17. When a text message comes in on the screen you have the option to see it or hear. It if you click hear it it reads the message. If you press and hold the voice button, Siri will let you send a voice text, you just have to tell her "period" at the end of the sentence or "question mark" etc. for proper punctuation. It works great, I really have not problems and I'm using an iPhone 6 plus so it's several generations behind.

Andy, I have an iPhone 5. There must be a setup for receiving text messages since mine don't show up when connected with BT. I have heard you have to connect via the download cord and set it up, correct? This would be convenient since I travel long distance and miss some important messages during the travel time. Thanks.