Is there a common coolant leak spot on passenger side rear of the motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Subscribed!
o.png

Nick Greggs

Reaction score
I have a similar situation. i have a leak i have taped up at the heater connection to the intake. it barely drips. but i start it up and theres coolant pooring on the ground in that area. i just replaced intake gasket from felpro and checked the line that goes to the throttle body its good where could i have a leak from and it does have auxilary heat too

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How bad do you want to fix your leak? The best and proper way is to pressurize your system. You'll need a Stant or similar pump, and pressurize cooling system. Here's the kicker. When you pressurize you will bring out the weak links, like hoses, water pump, radiator. You get the point. But if a part is failing, or ready to fail, the leak will come out of that spot. Like I always told customers in the past, are you ready to fix your problems financially. You can poke around guessing, and sometimes stop your leak. But pressure testing is the only pro way to fix your leak. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But pressure testing is the only pro way to fix your leak. Hope that helps.

Have to disagree with your statement Pressure testing will not fix the leak.

However pressure testing WILL FIND THE LEAK

Fixing it is something different

Nick Greggs

Reaction score
i have all the funding i need to fix this. i have the time as well. i have looked for the leak even when its running and pressurized. im not dure if it could be a head gasket or not. i cant reach back to the rear of the head. any way of being able to look around therewithout pulling the engine or the intake off that was a pain.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me rephrase that, it will help to diagnose your leak. You still gotta get dirty fixin it!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How bout using an automotive mirror, while pressurized, or if your real trick an automotive visual scope.

Nick Greggs

Reaction score
well i also dont want to waste that brand new gasket by removing everything again to look back there and think its the head gasket but end up being something else because it leaked over there and jump to conclusions. i was wondering what all coolant wise runs over there to check

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Professor bedrck you want to take this one!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No

but in my opinion any leak in an expedition is in a common area being they all share the same parts and they all seem to leak in the same spots at different times