Is there a way to get a band-TPMS truck ('09) to recognize Ford stem TPMS ('14 F150 wheels)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeZ

Reaction score
I don't know about the Ford stem tpms, but my tire guy replaced all 4 of mine with stem type (probably genaric) and had no problem programming them. Check at a tire shop, they should know. Good luck.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, they are different frequency sensors. But as JoeZ stated you can get stem sensors that are the correct frequencey for your '09 to recognize.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...tried a knockoff relearn button off Amazon --- FAIL.

But then, after a while (couple days, couple short drives) the TPMS self-learned. Somehow. Light disappeared and flashing error message has stayed off.

Seems 2014 F-150 stems @ 315 mhz ARE compatible with 2009 Expedition??? Btw, interesting tidbit: center caps fit. WITHOUT rear axle trim.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...tried a knockoff relearn button off Amazon --- FAIL.

But then, after a while (couple days, couple short drives) the TPMS self-learned. Somehow. Light disappeared and flashing error message has stayed off.

Seems 2014 F-150 stems @ 315 mhz ARE compatible with 2009 Expedition??? Btw, interesting tidbit: center caps fit. WITHOUT rear axle trim.

I went through this before I got the correct sensors. The light and error message went away on it's own, then came back. Then went away, then came back. Maybe you lucked out, but I predict it will return.