Is this legit..........navigation upgrade/update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MADEXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I appreciate the 'site' info. I see tho that one may need to be quite 'computer literate' to utilize what is available here? I'm not that person.

But I appreciate the info that was there; if one can take it to be accurate as to what the update is also available at the 'Ford' site. Map update is only up to the 1st quarter of 2018? If so, that means the map update is almost "2 years behind the times" in map/road updates.

I guess that would not make the $100+ investment really that important.

What I have presently still suites me kinda sorta OK. Over 95% of the time it gets me to where I need to go/be.

I don't have unlimited 'data' on my phones so utilizing WAZE or Google Maps 'full time' is not practical for me.

by the way..........can WAZE be 'cast' or whatever to my 2017 Sync3 screen. If so, can someone instruct me on how to do that?

If by cast you mean project Waze on the screen, yes...it can be done, you need the connect the cable from the phone to the USB port in the center console, then navigate the screen icons.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased the updates for my first 2012 Limited. Now for the same price I purchased a garmin with free updates for life. I use it in both the 2013 Ford F150 and the 2017 Limited. The update Sync has is not worth the cost.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If by cast you mean project Waze on the screen, yes...it can be done, you need the connect the cable from the phone to the USB port in the center console, then navigate the screen icons.
When you connect via USB as MADEXP said with an iPhone, Sync will automatically fire up Carplay, and Waze should appear as an icon on one of your screens.

MADEXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you connect via USB as MADEXP said with an iPhone, Sync will automatically fire up Carplay, and Waze should appear as an icon on one of your screens.

Exactly--thanks for the added explanation.