is this normal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exp099

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok soo Igot my 3" coil spacer yesterday and installed them today after iwas finished iwent around the block and it feels bouncy, like if theres a bump on the road the truck wil bounce alil is this the way is suppose to feel... ??

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not at all... im assuming you hooked the shocks back up... but they may be worn and need replaced

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes ihooked the shocks back up.. Was i suppse to leave um unhooked or Get new shocks??

lol no you need to hook them. When was the last time your shocks were replaced or better yet how old are your shocks? It might be time for new ones. Were you having this problem before?

OP
OP
Exp099

Exp099

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lol no you need to hook them. When was the last time your shocks were replaced or better yet how old are your shocks? It might be time for new ones. Were you having this problem before?

Yeah there hooked up lol... I haven' t changed them idk if the past owner changed them. I been having this expedition for 2 years now and they look stock, so i guess they haven't been replaced.. No after i put the coil spacer yesterday i feels bouncy when i go over a bump or even sometimes when im a about to brake.. i dp remembered since it was my first time doing the coil spacer installation the truck fell two times cause i lower the axle all the way down without putting jacks on the rear body frame lol

OP
OP
Exp099

Exp099

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh and now i hear like some crackling when i do a turn im goin to take pictures of what i unbolt to install the rear coils spacer and how it looks like just in case ididn't do it good..

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Remember, that truck's suspension has operated in the same range for 12 years, and now you have changed the range of movement of that entire suspension by a very significant bit. You are going to expose any weak or worn bushings, linkages, etc.

You may want to have someone bounce the truck up and down while you watch what happens to the shock travel. They could be topping out, meaning you need longer shocks. At very least, you should replace them.

OP
OP
Exp099

Exp099

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember, that truck's suspension has operated in the same range for 12 years, and now you have changed the range of movement of that entire suspension by a very significant bit. You are going to expose any weak or worn bushings, linkages, etc.

You may want to have someone bounce the truck up and down while you watch what happens to the shock travel. They could be topping out, meaning you need longer shocks. At very least, you should replace them.

Yeah They are the shocks they are topping out im going to buy new ones tomoro

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition