Jack and Tools What are these and what am I missing? 2013 Expy XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I did it. Now own a second Expy. Just brought home a 2013 and in the Jack compartment there are lots of bits and pieces laying loosely about. The first are the triangular pieces of steel on the upper left with some sort of forked edge. These seem to not belong at all. Look like something to wedge a spare? What are the for exactly?
1702007222456.png
Then there is the jack kit and what appears to be a pair of lug wrenches. ???

Finally there is a bag with some squarish tubing inside, not a clue.

I don't have an operators manual and the download version has little detail. I would like to make sure the kit is complete before I go about town. Also it seems I might be missing some plastic frame (bag?) that organizes all these bits.

Attachments

• P1180534.JPG
    P1180534.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 23
  • P1180531.JPG
    P1180531.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 23
  • P1180532.JPG
    P1180532.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still a mystery. Maybe my question should be, where can I find jacking / tire change instructions?

Anarak

Reaction score
Bent metal is wheel chocks to keep the other tires on the vehicle still while you remove the wheel. Tubing is to engage and lower the spare from under the vehicle. You’ll access the mechanism under the rubber plug in the floor where the jack is housed. You are missing the plastic organizer that holds it together and secure under the floor panel. Otherwise you have what you need to safely lift the vehicle, remove hub cap, lug nuts, spare tire, and exchange the spare tire.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah; I have to get the plastic organizer. I have two lug wrenches. Neither fit very snugly on the lug nuts. The owners manual at quick guide are not very detailed at all.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the plastic organizer NOS from Santa. Now have to figure out the puzzle. I have two different lug wrenches and some duplication of other parts. Wish I could see all the proper parts laid out in one picture.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess there's also the tool roll kit that goes over the whole thing too...
Tool Roll for Jack Assembly on Parts Giant
Yeah, I will probably end up getting that as well. I liked the jack storage, tool stowage in my 2001 much better. I was hoping to find details in the owners manual or quick guide. Not even an Ikea like instruction sheet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani