JLT Passenger Side Oil Separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just got the extension yesterday so this was just the regular 3oz can that was nearly filled. We had a few cooler morning drives, one trip with 16ft trailer with 20 sheets of osb and lumber. Honestly I'd say a couple hundred miles is all it was driven. No idle to speak of and no remote start. I'm going to keep better track of mileage now because I was expecting less fluid since the temps are warming up. This is on a '19 with 8,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That does seem like a lot based on it sounds like your use. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lam396

Reaction score
Sorry, posted in the wrong catch can thread earlier... filled about 5oz in 500 miles with the extension. I'm not convinced it's normal but I can't really figure out what normal would be. Anyone have any thoughts? Photo is what the oil/ water mix looks like in a paper towel. Really glad I got the extension.4701cd31cbb8a39b1b9df596d0724e31.jpg

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, posted in the wrong catch can thread earlier... filled about 5oz in 500 miles with the extension. I'm not convinced it's normal but I can't really figure out what normal would be. Anyone have any thoughts? Photo is what the oil/ water mix looks like in a paper towel. Really glad I got the extension.4701cd31cbb8a39b1b9df596d0724e31.jpg

Sounds like a lot of blowby based on my experience. I have the JLT 3 oz catch can and I maybe have it 1/4 full (less than 1 oz) when I check it at each 5000 mile oil change. This is just normal driving with no towing, so maybe if you are towing heavy all the time it would have more blowby.

lam396

Reaction score
No towing in this 500 miles and most of the time its in eco mode. I'm new to turbos, how would I confirm having to much blow by? And is that a warranty type issue?

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No towing in this 500 miles and most of the time its in eco mode. I'm new to turbos, how would I confirm having to much blow by? And is that a warranty type issue?

If you figure 5 oz every 500 miles, that would be about a quart every 3000 miles, so I'd be checking my engine oil on a regular basis if I were you. I would discuss it with the dealer, but you'll likely need to document a pattern of oil consumption to help your case for a warranty claim.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360