JLT Passenger Side Oil Separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No critter that I know of. Just the dry NM heat eats everything. I barely noticed the dry rot when I started this project.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They must of shortened the battery brackets or the 18's hoods are higher than the 17's. Because the battery bracket I recieved was to tall.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They must of shortened the battery brackets or the 18's hoods are higher than the 17's. Because the battery bracket I recieved was to tall.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Correct. The Battery bracket will not work on the 15-17, but will on the 18+.

Vinny is TOP notch. Great guy!

He sent me the kit, with a discount to convert my kit from the 17 to the Battery mount to fit the 20. Going to get it installed this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JLT sends the firewall mounting kit with with the 2018+ Expedition catch cans. Hopefully, this will change going forward as Vinny asked for me to confirm fitment. I sent him the same pics I posted here. If in doubt just order the F150 kit which will come with longer hoses.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct. The Battery bracket will not work on the 15-17, but will on the 18+.

Vinny is TOP notch. Great guy!

He sent me the kit, with a discount to convert my kit from the 17 to the Battery mount to fit the 20. Going to get it installed this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Once your done drilling the hole for the second bolt for the bracket, I drilled another hole for the wiring harness clip to go back into in front of the bracket. Makes it a clean looking install.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once your done drilling the hole for the second bolt for the bracket, I drilled another hole for the wiring harness clip to go back into in front of the bracket. Makes it a clean looking install.

Thanks! Excellent suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
JLT sends the firewall mounting kit with with the 2018+ Expedition catch cans. Hopefully, this will change going forward as Vinny asked for me to confirm fitment. I sent him the same pics I posted here. If in doubt just order the F150 kit which will come with longer hoses.

Same. He was looking for me to do mine last weekend. I installed the new kit on my Explorer ST, but ran out of time to do it on the Expedition, but I did test the height. Like you determined, it is the way to go. SO much easier to get to it there vs the firewall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lam396

Reaction score
I have the battery bracket and can extension on the way. Thanks guys for confirming the fit, it will be way better than up on the firewall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much oil is normal for an engine to eat on a given car? I had to vertical mount a pcv on an ls1 because that setup dowsed the engine with so much oil it caused knock retard I could see on a laptop scanner. Is the expy pcv horizontally mounted? How big an issue is this?

any word on being hassled about warranty over this mod? I have an extended ford warranty and sure don’t want to fight because I put an oil catch can on.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have a warranty issue the hoses are quick disconnect, and the can removable. Throw the old hose on and take it in. However, why would there be an issue about improving engine reliability over the long term when you are trying to prevent GDI valve coking?

While not as big an issue on the Gen 2 Ecoboost, it’s still an issue. If you look at the pics I’ve uploaded you can see the connections and the mounting solution. With the battery box mount the hoses allow the engine cover to be installed and the hoses come out the side.

As for how much oil to expect, it depends on humidity and driving style. I’m expecting about an ounce or less of captured oil and condensation at my 5k mile oil change interval, but I drive relatively easy with no towing and live in an arid climate. The stuff that I’ve seen come out of the can makes me want to prevent it going back into my engine.