Jump seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ambermac39

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Ford Expedition. It currently seats 8, but I need it to seat 9 if at all possible. The owners manual says it can seat 9 but I don’t know how. I was trying to find out if it’s possible to swap the front center console for a jump seat. Has anyone done this or have any info about this process? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Plati

Reaction score
search this Forum
there have been threads on this

OP
OP
A

ambermac39

Reaction score
I just found some I just can’t seem to figure out which seats are compatible. I think F150 but I’m not sure

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just found some I just can’t seem to figure out which seats are compatible. I think F150 but I’m not sure

F150 could almost certainly be jury-rigged in with some fabrication, but whether or not any years bolt right up seems to be a big ????

There's an Expedition version, but it's rare as hell (and may or may not be a repackaged F150 version)

Of course what would REALLY be awesome would be some of the latemodel premium Superduty interiors, but I've never even heard of anyone attempting it:

2010_ford_f-450_super_duty-pic-191452515967710277-1024x768.jpeg

Cooper

Reaction score
F150 could almost certainly be jury-rigged in with some fabrication, but whether or not any years bolt right up seems to be a big ????

There's an Expedition version, but it's rare as hell (and may or may not be a repackaged F150 version)

Of course what would REALLY be awesome would be some of the latemodel premium Superduty interiors, but I've never even heard of anyone attempting it:

View attachment 31415
Beautiful interior!

Tcaron2500

Reaction score
Jump seats out of similar year F-150s up to '07 will fit the 2nd gen(03-06), the back two bolts line up but you'll need to make a bracket or two for the front bolts. Not too difficult, the hardest part is carpeting the hump and choosing what to put in the hole where the console was. I have one in my 05 and used some flat stock steel for the bracket, and sheet aluminum for the hole. The plate makes a good spot to mount a cb/various switches, which is what I used it for. Kinda janky but works for random times you need an extra seat, just know that whoever sits there will sit pretty high up.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want a seat in my 03 Navigator. Can't stand the buckets. People have to get in on each side instead of getting in pass door and sliding over like they do 95% of time in town car or other vehicles.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The '07 and '08 were available with a 60%-40% bench seat in gray, black or camel cloth. Not many were sold. Check out the SSV's. The Forest Service bought them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69