Just purchased my 1st exp!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thestilt

Reaction score
1st post here and am very pleased at my purchase!

Just brought home my 2005 Ford Expedition 5.4 3V XLS, it's white with black trim from the dealership, 161k on the clock, brand new brakes and tires ($1400.00) everything works on the vehicle and all fluids look good. Set me back $4300 out the door this includes tag title tax and dealer doc fee. (sticker was 3600) How did I do?

It does idle a little rough at about 500 RPM but know this is a common problem however the engine and transmission runs smoother than my 09 Jetta and 12 Altima.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Without knowing the included packages liking towing, rear a/c, seating, running boards, I couldn't give you a direct answer, but getting it from a dealership at that price I'd say it was a decent deal (not the best, but not totally ripped off). Also the condition of the interior/exterior matters (the new tires definitely saves you around $600, the brakes and rotors maybe $300-400). Did you try and talk them down at all?

The best thing to do next time before you actually go to a dealership is do some research if you have a good idea what you are thinking about getting. Dealer doc fees and other fees like that are bogus, price inflating, gimmicks to squeeze more money out of you. You can even look up prices and values on your phone before buying. Tell them what you want the “out the door” price to be and walk away if they can’t get close. I personally don’t buy vehicles from dealerships.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new Expedition. I bought mine back in August it is a 2005 Eddie Bauer Expedition loaded with everything major working for $9,700 out the door. It had 119,000 miles on the clock. It runs fine.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Doesn't sound like a bad deal

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have 100k miles...or more...find out if all 8 plugs have been changed...if not...get them changed...if it doesn't...change them anyway...preventive maintenance that will need to be done and best to do it before its time or before misfire or other probs they cause...

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! Looks like mine I just picked up, but it's an '03. That's like an hour away from where I used to live!

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool...what do u plan on doing to it?

Holy Roller Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member...