Greetings I am looking to purchase my 1st Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I am looking to purchase my 1st Expy. I am looking for one in the range of 98-2000 for about 4-5000g's. I'd like to get one to replace my 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee which i bought back in 02 and is still going strong.

My issue is, in my price range I am finding only Expy's with 110-130,000 + miles.
Should I be worried? What should I look for in a truck that old with that many miles? I know 4-5g's isnt much in the scheme of things, and I shouldnt expect a brand new car but I dont want a bucket of bolts either.

I came to this site for help in buying one. Any assistance is well appreciated...

Thanks
Matt

Maddog11

Reaction score
Hello! First thing is ask for all maintenance records. Driveline fluids should be changed approx. every 30k (especially transmission). Second check for leaks. Third check all functions (ie. A/C controls, power seats, windows/locks, 4x4 if equipped, etc). Fourth, check suspension/steering and brakes. Also, if the vehicle is equipped with a trip computer, check the avg mpg's. Much below 13.0 overall may be an indicator of a needed tune-up and/or other issues (ie. vaccum leak, internal engine, etc). Or if you have a repair facility you use take it to them for a prepurchase inspection!

GOOD LUCK!
Kevin

Last edited: