Keeping Lane Keeping System Alert+Aid Mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering, my Lane Keeping System still won't stay on! Randomly though, maybe 2 or 3 times, it has been on when I started the car, but every other time I start the car I need to re-enable it in the settings menu.

N8RIDER

Reaction score
This is the only feature that sucks on this truck for me. My Acura and Honda work very well, this thing to me is way too intrusive and sudden when a departure from a lane occurs and tries to move it back. Have set to alert only because of that.

Anyone else have the same opinion of it or a different experience?

taaangy234

Reaction score
What does Alert do on the XLT? I see yt review on the higher trim said the steering wheel vibrates.
I never feel my steering wheel vibrate or any sort of sound beside looking directly to my gauges at the lane blinking.
- Since I use Android Auto all the time would that disable the alert tone?

Update: After google and found this article https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...y/driving/how-to-use-lane-keeping-system.html seems like I didn't drifted all the way to Zone A. I'll test this again changing lane without using signal should trigger this steering wheel vibration.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I switch the mode of the lane keeping system to "Alert + Aid," the indicator on the cluster changes from / \ to >>/ \<<. When I restart the car it seems to revert to "Alert" only. Is that how it's supposed to be? Is there a way to get it to stay?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
SOLVED!! I noticed that when my wife uses her key, the Alert + Aid is on by default. So I cleared the MyKeys, and now mine defaults to >>/ \<< as well! I guess hers was the Admin key.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk