Keeping Lane Keeping System Alert+Aid Mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I switch the mode of the lane keeping system to "Alert + Aid," the indicator on the cluster changes from / \ to >>/ \<<. When I restart the car it seems to revert to "Alert" only. Is that how it's supposed to be? Is there a way to get it to stay?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is set to Alert + Aid and I've never had to change it again... Maybe when you set it up in the info display, make sure you exit out of the screen by going "back" in the menus? Who knows what triggers the software to save the new value in memory...

OP
OP
D

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's completely inconsistent for me! Some times i turn the car on and i just have / \ (alert only), I switch it to >>/ \<< (alert + aid), switch the car back on later and it's back to / \! Other times it stays >>/ \<<. At least one time I didn't switch it back to >>/ \<<, but when I started the car again later alert + aid was on!

To make matters worse, I'm not even sure if it's working. I had alert + aid on this morning, with high intensity set on the alert, I was going well over 40MPH, the indicators on both sides changed color (I'm guessing green, but I'm color blind so I'm not sure, but the colors on the cluster definitely changed so I'm assuming that means it was detecting the lines on both sides), and I intentionally drifted across hatched yellow lines on my left and dashed white lines on my right and NOTHING.

I think I felt the wheel grumble at me once last week on the Brooklyn Bridge, but I'm not even sure about that, so the Lane Keep may never have activated as far as I can tell.

It's a brand new '19 Platinum (short) with 220 miles. Do I need to take it to a dealership?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If its acting up, take it in. I know mines doesnt work too well in the city because the lines are never prominent enough for the car to decipher but i honestly dont like using lane assist around town. However, you should def feel something when you cross lines. When i first bought mine, it was off at times like it wouldnt work, but its highly sensitive now to the pt of annoyin as hell. Take a vid of ur the aid toggling btw the modes during recycle so the service can see whats up if it doesnt do it when you go.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The assist only works on mine when cruise is on (doesn't have to be set, I don't think). Also, if I'm driving slow enough, the assist doesn't do anything

OP
OP
D

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The assist only works on mine when cruise is on (doesn't have to be set, I don't think). Also, if I'm driving slow enough, the assist doesn't do anything
I think it's only supposed to work over around 40mph, but I haven't checked any correlation with cruise control. Interesting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

O5111

Reaction score
I have a similar issue with the TBLIS. I keep turning off the trailer portion, but it comes back on. Sometimes a day later, but sometimes during the same drive I turned it off. Of course, the one time I had in it the dealership it didn’t do it. Ive never turned it in, but probably turned it off a hundred times.