Key Fob Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dans95tbird

Reaction score
My kid was playing with my key fob, now none of the buttons respond when locking, unlocking, or liftgate. I have already replaced the battery in the fob just in case and still nothing. Is there a series of buttons he may have pressed that disabled the key fob? 2010 Ford Expedition Limited

Attachments

• Key Fob.JPG
    Key Fob.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My kid was playing with my key fob, now none of the buttons respond when locking, unlocking, or liftgate. I have already replaced the battery in the fob just in case and still nothing. Is there a series of buttons he may have pressed that disabled the key fob?

It is always helpful to others to post the year, make, model and trim line of your vehicle.

In this case - also if the fob is the standard one or is it one of the intelligent key types?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That style of key FOB is a bit more fragile than the older FOB only setups. Dropping that style on the hard ground or cement will break it's circuit board and render the buttons inop. You can pick up a new pair on Amazon and have the key cut at any Home Depot or Walmart and reprogram it to your Ford yourself.

Ford Keys on Amazon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani