Keyless keypad worn out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I purchased a used 2010 and it came with all the manuals including the pin for the keypad. My issue is that one of the buttons on the pad is very worn out and not allowing the pin to work. If I swap out the pad, would the factory pin still work or is this a bigger job? Thanks

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In theory it should be that simple.

The keypad itself is really just the input device, kinda like the keyboard or mouse is to your computer

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased a used 2010 and it came with all the manuals including the pin for the keypad. My issue is that one of the buttons on the pad is very worn out and not allowing the pin to work. If I swap out the pad, would the factory pin still work or is this a bigger job? Thanks

If your keypad is in the belt line molding strip (horizontal at bottom of glass) - as mine is on my 2015 Expedition Limited, you must buy a replacement molding with the keypad part of it. The inner door panel must be removed to replace the molding / keypad. Once accessed, it simply unplugs.

The dealer can order one based upon your VIN (to determine what type of molding you have). Certain trim lines have chrome, others have black.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360