Lane Keeping System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Expy has the full auto brake and restart in traffic? I'm pretty sure I have done stop and go traffic with the CC on and it worked in that fashion. Changing lanes though, it does not.

Yup.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Expy has the full auto brake and restart in traffic? I'm pretty sure I have done stop and go traffic with the CC on and it worked in that fashion. Changing lanes though, it does not.
In the expedition, it will only resume if you have been stopped for less than 3 seconds. More than 3 seconds requires a light press on the gas pedal or press resume on the cruise control.
@Fozzy
Is the aviator the same?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the expedition, it will only resume if you have been stopped for less than 3 seconds. More than 3 seconds requires a light press on the gas pedal or press resume on the cruise control.
@Fozzy
Is the aviator the same?

No, it will fallow the cars by itself when active. Lincoln calls it Traffic Jam Assist Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
THe lane keep assist in my 20 plat seems very light.

It will not let you drive without holding the wheel.

It is not a lane centering feature.

All I feel is a slight correction away from the lane line.

I also have a tesla and that truely keeps the vehicle centered in the lane.

Seems like the the expy just gives a nudge when the line is detected.

It seems like the expy would simply just ping pong back and forth between left line and the right line.

I don't think it was designed to drive in the center of the lane.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
THe lane keep assist in my 20 plat seems very light.

It will not let you drive without holding the wheel.

It is not a lane centering feature.

All I feel is a slight correction away from the lane line.

I also have a tesla and that truely keeps the vehicle centered in the lane.

Seems like the the expy just gives a nudge when the line is detected.

It seems like the expy would simply just ping pong back and forth between left line and the right line.

I don't think it was designed to drive in the center of the lane.

Yes, exactly what it does ( ping pong) One thing I'll mention for any of you / us colder climate guys , after I almost gave myself a heart attack the other day, if driving when the roads are quite clear, but freezing temperatures and if you have any concerns about there being ice....turn it off!!! Was driving through the National Park right by my city and the road split and the bit of snow had melted during the mid day, I was cutting the corner ever so slightly when the wheel gave a quick slight turn which scared the S*** outa me!! It's a narrow one way that they narrowed even more to put a white line for cyclists, didn't widen the road at all, just painted a line. I always make slight turns and use the whole road whenever there's a chance of freezing, well now I also make sure I turn off lane assist!!

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe it is not on the XLTs, but I have it set to vibrate and never felt the wheel "nudge" me. I do like it when it suggests a cup of coffee to me, I am always down for some 'Java!!

Deftones

Reaction score
Mine definitely does the wheel nudge on my MY20 XLT. It is annoying so I may turn it off. It causes me to overcorrect since I fight the damn thing.

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the LKS an option for the 2018 Platinums? I've enabled all settings I could find in the driver display (Alert and Vibrate, I think) but I haven't felt or heard anything and I've crossed the median just to test. Does it require cruise control or a certain speed? Still trying to figure it out.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the LKS an option for the 2018 Platinums? I've enabled all settings I could find in the driver display (Alert and Vibrate, I think) but I haven't felt or heard anything and I've crossed the median just to test. Does it require cruise control or a certain speed? Still trying to figure it out.

>40 mph. You will see green bars in the center bottom of the dash. They turn yellow when you start to cross a detected line.

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks @wakeboarder . I was reviewing an old thread - turns out there is a button on the dash for global OFF/ON. Apparently mine is off! Page 238 in my manual... I had only got to 220 so far. So many bells and whistles!