Las Vegas with an Expedition challenge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martinek

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Expedition. The cruise worked this morning but did not this afternoon. I have no "on dash" cruise light, never did. The connector on the master cylinder has the recall jumper harness on it with the fuseable link inside. There is brake fluid inside the switch connector. My volt meter gives a reading when I touch it to the prongs inside the switch AND when I touch it inside the harness. All my fuses under the dash are good. Oh, and my horn works just fine.

What could be the cause of the cruise not working under those above conditions?

B

bedrck46

prints were attached but deleted due to others offering help

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
martinek

martinek

Reaction score
I'm sorry

I'm sorry, those schematics are fine but I'm not an electrical engineer. The only thing electricity and I have in common is the entire time growing up I was always grounded.

I'm attempting to find out the CAUSE of my cruise going out.

B

bedrck46

suggest you check all fuses with a meter

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Brake lights sorry... My 05 did the same. One day noticed my brake lights ddidn't come on when I stepped on them. Changed the sensor to fixes the lights but it also fixed my cruise control hope this helps.

B

bedrck46

BIG GREEN FORD said:
bedrck46 said:
could you inform me what the tail light have to do with the cruise control not working THANKS

Well on my 05 f150 4.6 the brake sensor went out witch made my tail lights not work. I was also having trouble befor my tail lights went completly out my cruse control work somtimes.. (due to the faulty sensor) then the sensor went out completely out witch mayde my brake lights not work. When I changed the sensor on the brake pedal my cruise control now works.
bedrck46 said:
suggest that you look at the wiring diagrams that I attached to the post and you will see what all is involved in the circuit for his 98 expy

you are referring to your problem with a 05 F150 which is 7 years newer and also has seen different wiring changes
The OP has little or no understanding of electricity other than being grounded during his early years.
I was very reluctant to suggest that he even check fuses and was going to stay away from his problem which I intend to do just to keep my sanity. So you are most welcome to continuity to give him suggestions

I am going to drop out of this thread as the appears that there are others that can offer you better advice than I can

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you have the wiring diagrams from bedrck46 and a meter, what have been able to determine? Are you able to read and understand the diagrams?

OP
OP
martinek

martinek

Reaction score
No I don't follow the schematics. Brake lights work, horn works and all fuses are good.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check the fuses in place, ignition in run with your volt meter? If not, see the sticky in the electrical section on testing fuses. This method not only tests the fuse but also whether it is getting power.