LCA Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sunburninaz

Reaction score
I have an '04 2WD with 185,000 miles on it. As far as I know, nothing in the suspension (front or rear) has ever been replaced. I've had a clunking noise for a while so I finally decided to tear into it. I did all the "tests" and came to the conclusion that I needed to replace the UCA's, the LCA ball joints, the inner and outer tie-rod ends, and struts on all 4 corners (if only due to the mileage).

After having torn the passenger side down and finding that all the components were worn, I have a question. It may be a no-brainer but I rarely - if ever - have seen a discussion on replacing the LCA bushings. Mine didn't seem to be bad when I did the wheel test but, considering the mileage on the vehicle and the fact that replacing them will only require removing two more bolts, would it make sense NOT to replace them at this point?

The last thing I want to do is get everything back together and discover that one (or more) of the bushings needed to be replaced. As I said though, I've seen lots of threads about LCA ball joints but literally don't remember one focusing on the bushings.

OP
OP
S

sunburninaz

Reaction score
Please disregard this as I have opted to replace the LCAs in their entirety. I could not find a way to delete my original post.