Lean codes when warm...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StewartK

Reaction score
Hi all, 1st post here. I have to say I have learned alot form everyone here, so thanks all!
So, my problem. I have a 2006 Expy, 5.4L , and when the engine is cold, it runs fine. Now as soon as it warms up, I start getting P0174, P0171, and the occasional P0308 code. Ive checked the LTFT for bank 2, and it indeed shows 28 - 29's. Ive taken it to a garage here in Ottawa, and they suggested replacing all the plugs and COP's, so I did, but to no avail.
The garage performed a smoke test, and told me no vacuum leaks we appearant

So, any ideas?

Thanks

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First off get a new mechanic, your tech should have known that code p071 and p074 are #1and #2 lean codes, caused usually by a dirty maf sensor, or a broken pcv rubber elbow. That's where you start, your fuel trims look fine. I would also run a fuel pressure test to be sure your pump, fuel filter, line are clear. Check those items and report back.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

StewartK

Reaction score
Thanks Moose, I'll take it to another shop and see what happens. I know that the shop that replaced the plugs and COP's did clean my MAF sensor as a "favour"

Thanks again

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We did have a forum member that had the same codes, his turned out to be fuel pump.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk