LED fog lamps won't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bigcars

Reaction score
Does it have the DTRL on? From what I recall in Canada use the fog lights as the DTRL??? no clue.

I'll have to check. Previous cars didn't have any DTRL. So I am used to always turning the headlights on day and night.

OP
OP
B

bigcars

Reaction score
Does it have the DTRL on? From what I recall in Canada use the fog lights as the DTRL??? no clue.

Sorry for not following up sooner. From what I can tell the daytime running lights appear to be a "dimmed" output of the headlamps. If the headlight switch is off, the DTRL mode activates when you put the vehicle in drive.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the headlight switch is off, the DTRL mode activates when you put the vehicle in drive.
Should be when you take it out of park. Any position where the vehicle can move.

I’m sure it is for you, I’m just being pedantic.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
DRLs are extremely rare on the USDM Expedition unless someone has access to the car's computer. That would be the dealer ($$$) or via FORSCAN.

Highly unlikely two LED assemblies on opposite sides of the vehicle would magically go bad at the same time. LEDs run "forever." Look at the display on your old microwave for confirmation. :)

-- Chuck