LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weston Gee

Reaction score
I have a 2018 with the projector style headlights. Recently ordered the wrong set, won’t fit the projector style headlamps. What do you recommend?

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ones mentioned above are pretty nice but I am at 19 months with these on Amazon:
HIKARI 9005/HB3 LED Headlight bulbs, New Gen of Japanese CSP LED Tech, Adjustable Beam, Easy install, 10000lm 6K Cool White IP68

Mine is a 2016. Stock cutoff and beam pattern and fit behind the stock dust covers. Mine are projector style headlights as well. So much better especially in rain/snow conditions. LEDs are not very effective on the stock REFLECTOR style of headlamp assemblies. Good luck to you!

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
The ones mentioned above are pretty nice but I am at 19 months with these on Amazon:
HIKARI 9005/HB3 LED Headlight bulbs, New Gen of Japanese CSP LED Tech, Adjustable Beam, Easy install, 10000lm 6K Cool White IP68

Mine is a 2016. Stock cutoff and beam pattern and fit behind the stock dust covers. Mine are projector style headlights as well. So much better especially in rain/snow conditions. LEDs are not very effective on the stock REFLECTOR style of headlamp assemblies. Good luck to you!
Cheap Japanese crap. I’ve had DD for 2.5 years not one issue. 2016 expedition lows are projector, highs are reflector. Both are phenomenal light output

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Robert - Many on here have said the same but I have had great success with these. Don't care about high beams - use them maybe once a year. Keep it positive buddy!

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are no little boxes. Entire bulb fits in the stock housing.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cheap Japanese crap. I’ve had DD for 2.5 years not one issue. 2016 expedition lows are projector, highs are reflector. Both are phenomenal light output

Have had these installed on our 2018 EXPY XLT for over 2 years
work well
Very bright
Fit under the standard dust caps just fine

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 with the projector style headlights. Recently ordered the wrong set, won’t fit the projector style headlamps. What do you recommend?

You will find the correct bulb size printed on the clear lens of the headlight and foglight. The sizes in the owner's manual were not correct.