lets hear the good things about our expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pinchialexwey

Reaction score
is it just me , or do most of the posts sound like our expeditions are giving us problems?:nono: ive been to other forums and their posts are about bragging and showing off even competing as well as lies!funny ones anyway i suggest we make a post were we look at the cup as half full instead of half emty. anybody with me?:cheers: ::

Silver Ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All vehicles have some problems at some time, that's a fact of life. Sometimes a way to deal with your frustration is to seek out the company of others with similar problems. That's one of the functions of these websites...to vent with someone with understands and "feels your pain".;)

But you're right, its a good place to give an online shoutout for your ride, too! So I agree, let's hear some of that good stuff.

I have only owned my Ex for a little over 2 months, but i thoroughly enjoy it. I haven't owned a 4 x 4 in over 25 years, and this has been the perfect re-introduction. The room, the ride, the stance towering over most every other vehicle on the road...all GOOD! I don't even mind the outrageous gas prices that seem to pick on us. I drive my Ex every day and I love it.

Reaction score
We have owned our '99 Exped. since 2001 (bought used) and have to say, its been a good one. When it had 50K on it, we had to change the air bypass valve, (knock on wood) but besides the normal wear and tear stuff, it has been flawless. With 4 kids (all boys) you need room!!!!

We just turned 137,000 the other day and know that when we get rid of this one, we'll get another one.

BTW, as some of you know, I deal in air suspension parts. I have a special going on for an Expedition/Navigator reman compressor/dryer, 2 x "lifetime warranty" rear air springs and a repair kit. For pricing, go here:
http://www.americanairsuspension.com/1-2-1-deal.htm

Richie Rich

Reaction score
Ok, new to the forum so here it goes. We have own "Big Blue", as referred to by my kids, since 98. It is a Blue EB 4X4. It has had several changes in its lifetime. It's been absolutely wonderful to us unlike the ones that my friends have own. It has been well taken cared of and loved. The body is still as good as when I bought it. It has been across the country several times for I am in the military. It has over 125K miles on it. Been to Key West to Cali and now NYC. Below are the mods on "Big Blue":

Interior: Alpine 1006 head unit, Alpine 6 disc changer, Alpine DVD player (installed under 1006 as double din unit), MB Quart Premium Series for mids and high in the front and back. Tweeters in the front were custom installed in the plastic triangle on the door. Bass is produced by 3 down firing JL Audio W3. Power to the sound is being supplemented by JL Audio 500/5 and 350/4 and 2 Farad Cap. Video comes by way of Audiovox 7 inch drop down screen in the custom overhead console made for the unit. In addition a VCR and PlayStation is available to the kids. The PS2 Control input were remotely relocated by way of extension cords to the back of the center console. All additional equipment are hidden in the stock subwoofer compartment so everything, including my third row seat, is still functional. Now for the engine: KN Generation 2 Air Intake (to be replace by new AEM). Custom programed MAF Sensor, Eldelbrock Headers, TRUE Dual Exhaust (had Y pipe cut) running through two 3 chamber flowmaster exhaust. Engine has been recablirated with Superchips programer. Suspension includes: Monroe Reflex, Powerstop rotors all around; Daystar spacer for the rear (didn't like the sag look). Hotchkis sway bars all supporting the 285/60/18 BFG's (3rd brand of tires-Stay away from Nitto, blew three sets) on Enkies. Big Blue is protected by Brush Guard and tailight covers by Manik and a second set of bug shield and wind deflectors. Currently doing research to lift it. As you can see Big Blue is very well loved. Just moved so I soon as I get settled I hope to post some pics.

mlr1469

Reaction score
hey all,new to the site,but yeah i'm with you guys. i love my expy! it's my 2nd one. my 1st was a '98 xlt,had a/c compr noise @ 37k mi,repl it, no other prob.current is '02 eb had rear video monitor cable and rear sub amp fail,luckily i know a radio repiar guy($80.00 for both fixed!).bought both used(i work @ svc dept for a dealership-not ford though) got smoking deals on them. gas mileage sux,but hey,it's only money. aint no trailer hitch on a hearse(you cant take it with you).
put cold air intake and magnaflow muffler that seemed to improve mileage a little,as well as performance.
keep the positive posts going!

'02 black-n-tan eb 5.4

Last edited:

mlr1469

Reaction score
:cheers:
any ideas on tire replacement sizing?
currently 275/60/17 street type
looking for much taller off road type tire but keep factory rims.
any help appreciated!
and no its not 4x4 but goes off road at times. after all its still a truck!

Last edited:

Kistler

Reaction score
We really like our 2003; we tow a 25' Airstream Classic with it. Our dog and cat really like the rear air conditioning. :)

mcmuffinman

Reaction score
Love My EXPY!!!!

I have friends that say that i am nuts to want another. i have curently 138,000 miles on it and i have only done the water pump. I have never had any complaints about the gas situation. why complain. it is so nice to be able to get all the kids my wife and the family dog in one vehical!!! I know that there others that have had trouble. that is going to happon, i have used synthetic oil since its first oil change. routine maintenance is worth its weight in gold.

I can honestly say that this has been the best vehical that i have ever owned!!!! I am trying to get my wife to give up her her small underpowerd rice burner!!

bluzjamer

Reaction score
Hey,
This is a great vehicle...rides nice and gets the job done. Ok we all know that we paid an arm and a leg for these. So why couldn't Ford give us a warranty like Kia or Hundai or even now Suzuki gives? Ford thinks it makes a superior product well back it up. While we are at it...give it better mileage. Don't even say it can't be done. Stop screwing the American people and do something for the country for once, give the people what they want with good mileage and at a fair price. All this Hybrid stuff is clear BS. Their charging as much for a hybid Escape as they charge for an Expedition. My $.02...sorry but I had to say it.