Lift/Tire question regarding the 3/2.5" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew Pennington

Reaction score
I have a 2002 EB Expo with standard shocks (not air), Its a pavement queen for the wife in FL. Never will be off road other than a dirt road. Just looking to give it a beefier stance as we have owned it since 2005.

Question: If I keep the costs down and go with the simple 3"/2.5" dBay Kit and use my factory Steel/chrome 17" wheels that still look stellar.....

Can I fit a 32"x11.5"x17 BFG All Terrain KO tire?

Also: Any advantage to switching to the earlier factory Aluminum 16" wheel? is it significantly lighter?

Any comp pics would be a great help.... Thanks!

Mykdee

Reaction score
I have a 2005 2wd Expedition, I just did the Ready lift 3/2 lift. I have Raptor wheels with 285/75/17 (34") Toyo Xtreme A/T's.

No rubbing at all and I offroad every weekend!

OP
OP
A

Andrew Pennington

Reaction score
curious.... If I take off the perfectly working Eddie Bauer lighted side rails on my EB, are they worth anything to another?

Do folks sell them very often?

Greg646

Reaction score
J'ai un EB Expo 2002 avec des amortisseurs standard (pas d'air), c'est une reine du trottoir pour la femme en Floride. Ne sera jamais hors route autre qu'un chemin de terre. Je cherche juste à lui donner une position plus costaud car nous le possédons depuis 2005.

Question : Si je réduis les coûts et que j'utilise le simple kit dBay 3"/2,5" et que j'utilise mes roues d'usine en acier/chrome de 17" qui ont toujours l'air stellaires.....

Puis-je monter un pneu BFG All Terrain KO 32"x11,5"x17 ?

Aussi : Y a-t-il un avantage à passer à l'ancienne roue en aluminium de 16" d'usine ? Est-elle nettement plus légère ?

Toute photo comp serait d'une grande aide... Merci !
Hello, your lifting kit was not a problem and what type of kit did you put on? And in terms of driving, has it changed anything for you?