Light ideas! NEED HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am trying to find some simple amber lights to add to the front of my expy and I am not having much luck, so maybe you guys have an idea. Im looking for something simple like a 1x5 row of amber led's that I can mount on the inside of the lower bumper. Looking for some type of metal bracketing like these

(Amazon.com: Dual Color Dash Warning Security Truck Strobe Light Recovery 54-LED Flasher #73: Electronics)

without the strobe. Not sure if anyone has these and knows if you can just leave the amber led on..thats all I really want. I was coming close with something like:

JDM Style 30 LED DRL Daytime Running Light Kit With Amber Turn Signals For BMW 135 : Amazon.com : Automotive

and

Pacer Performance 20-707A Amber Mini 5-Diode Single Row LED Running Light : Amazon.com : Automotive

I dont know how either of these really work and how they would mount without metal brackets. I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. haha any advice or tips would be great.

ON another side note, has anyone installed cab lights. I think some smoked amber cab lights would look nice, just don't know how hard they are to install or how much.

Thanks!!

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
gasouthernboy78, not to put down the last option (5 LED mini light), even if they are using 50K MCD LEDs, the amount of light that you are going to get from them is going to be minimal at best. So, I would just pass on those unless you plan on modifying them some with say some 10MM 285K MCD bulbs.

I think your best bet would be to find something like the line of fire LED strips, but a shorter version of those and then mount them on the plastic trim that is under the headlights, but just above the bumper. Say something like:

4X 12" Super Yellow Amber 1210 SMD Flexible LED 12V Light Strips for Car Truck | eBay

That would fit in nicely where I mentioned. Simple to wire up as you would have your running lights right there to tap into. Now, if you wanted to have some fun, you can get some SMD LED light strips and then get a controller with them. From there, the color of the lights is only limited by what you choose. They are RGB lights, so, they will make whatever color you want. Just keep in mind that most states have laws against what color lights can be where on the truck when driving down the road. But, if you pull into a parking lot, you could put on your own little show.