Lightining Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont remember if i saw it But where is the best place to get the Lightning Motor from... I am doing the swap and i need some resources, the people around here are no help besides they rack up the price cause im a girl..

So im looking for a good company to get from
and if anyone knows what all needs to be swapped from my 5.4 4X4 motor so the other one will work..

Thanks so much for any info id really appreciate it...

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I dont remember if i saw it But where is the best place to get the Lightning Motor from... I am doing the swap and i need some resources, the people around here are no help besides they rack up the price cause im a girl..

So im looking for a good company to get from
and if anyone knows what all needs to be swapped from my 5.4 4X4 motor so the other one will work..

Thanks so much for any info id really appreciate it...

If you are looking for a complete lightning motor from the supercharger down, they are not easily found. You will have to search ebay, lightning forums, etc... and hope you can locate one from a lightning that has been in an accident and parting it out.

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive seen them on ebay just wanted to make sure im getting what i need thats all... someone said i have to do a tranny swap also, is that true

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
ive seen them on ebay just wanted to make sure im getting what i need thats all... someone said i have to do a tranny swap also, is that true

Depends on how much power you plan on making and the condition of your existing tranny. You have the 4R100 and it is fairly stout. But if you decide to start increasing the boost you may consider beefing it up. The additional torque will test its limits regardless.

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score

If you pm the link or post on this thread if you prefer I can tell you what may or may not be missing.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
If you want to bolt the lightning setup to your motor you need:

Complete upper lightning supercharger assembly
Pulley bridge w/ idler pulleys and tensioner pulley
Lightning alternator
Intercooler reservoir
Heat exchanger
Hoses
Gaskets
Crank supercharger drive pulley & belt
Higher volume fuel pump
Lightning 90mm mass air sensor
Throttle cable
Cruise control cable
Tune

Depending on how complete your upper supercharger assembly is you will need to supply any items that may be missing.

Some of the items on the list are very hard to come by now.

The list is off the top of my head.... so I may be missing some items.

Expyguru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Call this guy here all he deals with are lightning and sells complete motors including harness and ecu. 270-799-1262. He has 2 right now that I know of.