Like new Tire has slice in it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluzjamer

Reaction score
I noticed a slice in the front tire. One on the edge and one on the sidewall. It looks like I ran over something but I can't remember doing it. It is an 03 XLT and I only have 4,400 miles on it. It has never been off road. The dealer will not warranty it. Continental will probably not warranty it either. Is there any recourse here.
I'm so pissed that the dealer won't even give me a break on a new tire that I feel I've purchased my last Ford. Anyone else go through this.

Bluz in Rhode Island

:shootout:

OP
OP
B

bluzjamer

Reaction score
No Hazzard coverage

Have no Hazzard coverage as far as I know. I just figured that if you spend 40K on a vehicle, the dealer would take care of you.
I left a voice mail with Continental but I don't think they will even answer me. The tire has 4,400 miles on it and it looks like new except for the cuts. I don't abuse the truck and the tires should take whatever the road has to offer when they are this new.
Bluz

OP
OP
B

bluzjamer

Reaction score
Continental Tires Suck

Continental will not warranty this tire. They don't even offer road hazzard for OEM tires. This tire got this way on good roads.
Don't even think about taking an Expedition Off-Road with these tires, they won't handle it. The Dealerships won't help either, all they want to do is sell cars and make expensive repairs that should not be needed. Will I ever buy another Ford? What do you think.
Bluz

Continental's Answer:

Customer (Robert M.) 10/13/2004 03:02 PM
What kind of junk tires is Continental putting on Off-Road vehicles these days. I drove this tire only 4,400 miles, never on bad roads and not Off-Road. My Expedition is a 4X4. This tire sustained a puncture traveling paved roads! What a piece of junk, imagine what would have happened if I tried to use this tire on rough terrain while off roading.You would have a law suit on your hands. I hope it blows out while I'm driving it before I get it fixed. Thanks for nothing, I'll make sure that your reply and my dilemma makes its way on the Expedition bulletin boards and Off road sites.

Response (Joe) 10/13/2004 08:47 AM
A road hazard is not a condition covered by the Continental Tire Limited Warranty For Original Equipment Tires. A road hazard is deemed as any cut, snag, puncture, bruise, or impact break. Unfortunately, the cost of replacing a tire which exibits this condition would be the responsibility of the consumer.Thank you

Customer (Robert M.) 10/13/2004 12:11 AM
Purchased a new Expedition 2003 XLT 4x4. Had it aprox 12 months and have 4,400 miles on it. I noticed a cut in two places on the front passenger side tire. One on the edge and one an inch lower on the side wall. I don't drive this much and have not been off road. I can't remember running over anything that would make these cuts. This is supposed to be a tough vehicle with tough tires. I can't believe I wouldn't feel this happen. I can't believe I spent almost 40K on a vehicle and the dealer won't help me out here. This tire looks like new except for the damage, which is small but makes the tire unsafe.I purchased this vehicle from Tasca Ford in Cranston, R.I.my day number is 401-263-xxxx....hm is 401-737xxxx.Can you help me out in any way? Thanks.Bob M.

Lowandslow

Reaction score
I had two tires run through the belts on one side, thank god we wernt on the freeway. The tire guy said it was because of the camber of the independent front and rear suspension and even went so far as to say fords were notorious for this. So get your suspension aligned, he did it for free but it shouldnt cost more than 70 to do it.

OP
OP
B

bluzjamer

Reaction score
Hey, I ended up buying a new tire....but I have bought my last Ford.
Bluz