Ford PremiumCare - worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We've had the ESP for our 2007, 2018 and now 2022 Expedition and have been very happy with Ford and what they cover. As another person stated, you don't have to buy it at the same time you purchase your vehicle and $6K is an insane amount. I believe I paid just over $2K for mine last year - 2022 Expedition Max King Ranch.
I paid 2880 for the 9 yrs/125K plan. Vehicle is 2024 xlt max 4x4 and location is Virginia. Same plans in many states are 300 bucks cheaper than mid-atlantic region.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you all, called dealer to cancel, cited prices quoted at other dealership and they knocked it down to $2k for 72mo/100k

****** bastards.

When I was young, my father used to stress the true cost of anything you buy.

He used an example of buying something for $100. He felt the true cost of the purchase was $150, as the buyer had to work and earn $150.

Then, before the purchase - the government applied various income taxes which reduced the take-home pay.

Then, when the purchase was made, the government taxed the remaining money a second time in the form of a sales tax.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you all, called dealer to cancel, cited prices quoted at other dealership and they knocked it down to $2k for 72mo/100k

****** bastards.
Your dealership still gets it overpriced. Please refer to Granger Ford or Flood Ford as they provide online pricing tool for Ford ESP. The price of premium plan with term 6 years/100k should be from 1305 to 1895, depending on deductibles.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score

****** bastards.
Good job! I hate it when they try to take advantage of customers.

I went to Lombard a couple years ago and they had the best price on the ESP. Everything was online and very convenient.

The 'extended warranty' (it's insurance,) is a good way to go when you have a vehicle with expensive electronics and other pricey components prone to failure. The other option is leasing, but that's another thread :)

When it's time to get service on your Ford the Service Department will see that you have the Ford ESP. In my case, I received a better experience than prior to purchase.

OP
OP
C

corvin

Reaction score
Good job! I hate it when they try to take advantage of customers.

I went to Lombard a couple years ago and they had the best price on the ESP. Everything was online and very convenient.

The 'extended warranty' (it's insurance,) is a good way to go when you have a vehicle with expensive electronics and other pricey components prone to failure. The other option is leasing, but that's another thread :)

When it's time to get service on your Ford the Service Department will see that you have the Ford ESP. In my case, I received a better experience than prior to purchase.
In what way was your experience better?

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your dealership still gets it overpriced. Please refer to Granger Ford or Flood Ford as they provide online pricing tool for Ford ESP. The price of premium plan with term 6 years/100k should be from 1305 to 1895, depending on deductibles.
Depends what state you live. We get jacked around in Florida. My 7 year/150k/$100 deductible was $4k and change. Worth it so far after two transmission rebuilts, 2nd cam phaser replacement, hubs and reimbursement of my rental car for the 1st transmission rebuild.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depends what state you live. We get jacked around in Florida. My 7 year/150k/$100 deductible was $4k and change. Worth it so far after two transmission rebuilts, 2nd cam phaser replacement, hubs and reimbursement of my rental car for the 1st transmission rebuild.

Florida law sucks, I have to say. It doesn't make any sense to forbid customers to purchase ESP out of the state. My ESP is 300 bucks more expensive than the price of Washington D.C., Pennsylvania and Delaware. It is as same as the price of NJ and NY. I don't even understand why. It doesn't make sense for me as well.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In what way was your experience better?
Before I had the ESP I had to fend for myself to find rental cars and it took forever to get my truck in the queue. After getting the ESP, they could see it on my account and arranged the rental car. My issues were addressed almost right away. It may have to do with where I live, but as long as I'm living here, I'll buy the ESP if I get another Ford.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett