Limited Slip Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What rear is in these trucks? I just picked up a 2015 EL Limited for the wife. I was told it had a Limited slip, it does not. I want one, what are my options?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Standard was the most fuel efficient 3.15 non LS in 2WD. Optional were another non LS 3.31 (std on 4X4) or a 3.73 limited slip that was a $320 option. Do you tow much?

Taller wheels, additional transmission gears, and smaller displacement turbo-charged (EcoBoost) engines have changed the conventional thinking on rear end ratios.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The limited slip is optional for the 4x2 and the 4x4 in those expos. you might have it. IF you want to change out your differential comps. you are probably looking at 900.00 bucks? give or take. wont this void the warranty?

mreed112

Reaction score
Expedition EL's came with 3.31 on 2WD and 3.73 on 4WD.

Control Trac or Traction Control does 90% ( with selective brake application) of what a locker will do except for drag race starts. The 3.73 locker became available in late 2015 and beyond. I ordered the optional 3.73 non locker on my non-EL 4WD 2015 KR. I have seen no reason to upgrade to a locker in the first year of use.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies. I have always had LS in my trucks, and this EL replaced my lifted F250 CC PSD. LS was crucial under wet conditions with the truck, if you gave it any go pedal, not to mention snow. It is definitely a 3.73, all of the 4WD are 3.73 which was said above. What is the Rear? 9.75? If I looked aftermarket instead of Factory, options? Just looking for ideas. Most likely the dealer is going to cough up some funds because they told me it had one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 3.31's don't get you up and going quick NOW the 3.73's do? I think that there is a guy on here with 4.10's and I could just imagine that..