Load levelers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exceldetail

Reaction score
2000 Expedition, 5.4l, 2WD:
How do I know if my Expy has load levelers ? It does make some strange electrical noise after startup, and it appears there are these "bag" like devices that sit on top of the rear axle adjacent to the shocks.
Oh, Im new to the forum, as Im a new (used) owner.....Also, any detailing Q's can be directed at me! I may be providing sponsorship here at the forum!

Reaction score
If it doesn't have conventional coils springs, it has air suspension...not load levelers. The difference between a load leveler and air suspension, is that if the load leveler leaks, the vehicle just won't level with a load. Unloaded, it should be pretty much at normal height.

If you have a leak with air suspension, the car can lower to the ground. The air suspension does have the better ride though.

OP
OP
E

exceldetail

Reaction score
Eddie, i believe Load Levelers were an option, on the Expys, as opossed to air suspension. Maye some else can chime in ?