Load Range E Tire Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcampbell34

Reaction score
After reading about this topic across many posts on this forum, I'm 99% sure that I am going to upgrade the tires on my 2014 Expedition to E rated tires (size 275/55R20). I tow a ~7500 lb camper and would like the peace of mind that many people have said comes with LT tires in terms of stability and durability while towing. However, most of the LT tires available in my size have rather aggressive shoulder lugs and sidewall tread. My Expedition is only 2WD and doesn't see off-road action so beefy off-road/all-terrain tires would be overkill and not really the overall look I'd prefer. For example, I like the Discoverer AT3 4S but they're not E rated and the AT3 XLTs are a little too rugged on the sidewall.

Does anyone have any experience with Continental TerrainContact A/Ts? Or have any other recommendations for an E rated tired that is not mostly an off-road tire? Is this just going to have to be a trade off in order to get an LT tire?

Thanks!

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Michelin has always had non-aggressive looking tires but they seem to work well and hold up well. Not certain on the models as I tend to go more for the aggressive looking tires personally but we do go off the paved roads more than most.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Continental TerrainContact A/Ts?

I don't have particular experience with that model but I've preferred the Continental brand for over 10 years. I've installed them on several different vehicles with excellent results. They seem very high quality and are decently priced.

I'm currently running LT Cooper Discoverer ATP II's and like them also, but they have aggressive tread.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Michelin has always had non-aggressive looking tires but they seem to work well and hold up well. Not certain on the models as I tend to go more for the aggressive looking tires personally but we do go off the paved roads more than most.
Agreed. I'd be looking at Michelin as well.

GVSUjohnszac

Reaction score
LTX M/s 2 they’re fantastic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett