Long tube headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattatdelk

Reaction score
This is my first post here..I tried to do a search but I didn't really have any luck.

I picked up a set of pacesetter long tubes and mid/y pipe new but they are for a f150 97-03/04 5.4 4x4... Before I start wasting time installing these on my 98 5.4 eb....has anyone tried the f150 long tube headers on our trucks? I'm not concerned with starter or cylinder head fitment..or front driveshaft fitment, but I'm concerned with the fitment between the frame rails and around the 4r100 in my eb...as far as I know the f150s only had the 4r70 or 4r75s unless it was in a lightning. The f150 and expeditions appear to be nearly identical in the areas where the exhaust is concerned but I'd prefer not to spend more time making a "cheap set" fit when I could just spend a weekend and build a set (I work in the performance/ford aftermarket field..so fabrication isn't really a big deal) call me lazy..but I'd rather check here before I waste my time on something that may not work.. Especially for a 10-15hp gain. Thanks-Matt

THenney

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a '99 XLT that I swapped from 4.6 to 5.4. I used the stock 5.4 exhaust manifolds to get it going because I knew that could be made to fit and then just modified my stock y-pipe using parts from the donor vehicle I got the 5.4 from. Long story short I have essentially the same combination of 5.4 and 4R70 as an F150 and have been wondering the same question you asked above, so I am curious what you ended up doing.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might try calling Jegs, or 4 wheel parts. Problem is the website only shows the f150 and Econoline van. Why not just take some measurements before you tear into it. You do fabricating as a profession. Treat it like a 2018 Suv that rolled into your facility. If possible get ahold of another long tube header made for your motor/ trans configuration for comparison. I'll bet if you call around someone has one you might be able to measure. You might get a response here, but could take awhile.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mattatdelk

Mattatdelk

Reaction score
I apologize for the delay, and for bringing up a "Dead" thread....I installed the long tubes as well as the "y pipe" for an f150 into the expedition and it does work/clear fine. I built a new exhaust system from the y pipe back...so I can't say for certain if it will mate up to the oem expedition exhaust, but it clears regardless. I have since sold that expedition, and picked up another one. Once I get some free time, I'll be doing 4.56 gears and installing another set of f150 long tube headers into this one as well.