Looking to buy a 2006 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

revan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at a new 2006 and am wondering what kind of end of model year deal I can ask for on the price? I know that Ford is running a discount and 0% interest deal right now, just not sure how low I can expect dealers to bargain considering the 2007 is right around the corner.

Bob

ilmor

Reaction score
Revan - they will deal on them. We purchased an '06 Eddie Bauer just yesterday w/ an MSRP of over 46K. We got it for a price of $40K, less the $1K rebate = $39K, w/ the 0% financing. I think we could have done even better in hindsignt. I would say push hard and stand firm as long as you can. There is a 96 day inventory on these and they need to push them out. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

revan

Reaction score
Thanks Ilmor,

I requested an e-quote from a local dealer and he e-mailed me a quote of $9k off of Sticker and offered 72 month interest free. It seems really good, this dealer has 10+ expeditions on the lot.

Bob

ilmor

Reaction score
If he quoted u that, I'm sure you can get even more!! Let us know how it turns out. My deal was in reality very close to that as well, because they gave me "more" for my trade instead - just the way they play with numbers. Its just an awesome, nice big vehicle - i love it! Think I'll go take some photos now to post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

revan

Reaction score
Just an update, I got a 06 Black Limited with moonroof, DVD player, air ride. List at 50.5k, I got him down to 42k and 72 months no interest. A big difference in ride quality from my previous SUV, a 98 Explorer. So now I have a few questions, should I drive around in 2wd or AWD, I assume 2wd gets better MPG. Also, I was wondering how good the speakers are, I am probably going to upgrade these (six I think) first.

Bob