Loud sound screeching and burning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t really recommend doing this job but it would have been easier if I knew what I was going to have to do from the get go. If any do attempt this I have some info: The filter dryer for 07&08 units is a superseded part (the new one will not look like the one you pull out) I had to get this new part from my ford dealership.

One thing to note is you will be taking the front end of your truck off (bumper cover and grille, headlights, fan shroud, fan, radiator bracket, intake etc.... lots of bolts to keep track of. When you get all this off your filter dryer is bottom right of the condenser (it is a sock that slides up inside held in by a plastic filter and retaining ring) however the old one is a one piece plastic with media inside. it is a tamper proof star to get at it. Compressor is bottom left and a pain to get to but it’s doable, that is held in by 3 10mm bolts. You might as well replace your serpentine belt and tensioner while you are in there as well.

Not an easy job simply due to the amount of dismantling and reassembly as well as the location of the compressor. The guys at the dealership were a bit shocked at the filter dryer location but were helpful in the end. I’d recommend taking everything apart first then going after the compressor and dryer..... that’s how I’d do it over.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to pressure test today and filter dryer flung out. Used some magic to put new one in without taking truck apart again. Clip didn’t seat first time.

Last edited:

curtis-bob

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question. I will be doing this exact thing here Ina few days. Is this sock like filter flexible at all? Or is the center rigid making it unbending? If it is a tad flexible it should fit in arround the frame below the opening for the filter.

I was looking at it earlier and was wondering. Can it be easier.. Wish full thinking I am sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX