Loud Turbo Whistle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
follow up: i 2nd the post about it sounding like a v8. that does not sound anything like my bubbly v6 eb does. & i can’t hear any whine whatsoever. is that all stock? weird
The upper trims get augmented sound effects in the cab.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The upper trims get augmented sound effects in the cab.

for sure - but i thought it was just the Plat? i’ve got a ‘19 limited, has none of that fake v8 sound inside the cab (not that i would want it anyway)... didn’t see an option for on/off but maybe i’m missing it with the non-led package ...

am i correct in the casual observation that the fake v8 sound can’t be turned off or on, it’s just there or it isn’t?

if so, thankful i don’t because i would rather hear the actual engine’s authentic noise. call me crazy but with all the awful noise issues with our various 3.5 engine problems, the last thing i wanna do is cover it up with some soundbytes of a different engine

mx10166

Reaction score
I think you have a wind noise coming from your driver side, side mirror. Open your window I bet you will hear it from 45-55mph only. I had the same thing. Its not your turbo, you should not hear your turbo. I solved it based on this thread.

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/wind-noise.40832/page-3

Go to post #29 and do what he shows. There is a very small gap on the bottom of the side mirror mount. Take a little piece of foam and stuff it in the gap with a small screw driver and it will go away, guaranteed. I had the same issue with my new 2020 expedition max platinum. Look at the pictures he posted closely and then go to your truck. If you want put a piece of tape over it first if you want to test the solution first and take it for a drive and I bet your whistle noise will be gone.

The gap is super small, but it causes the whistle at these speeds.