Loud Turbo Whistle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My whistle is amazing! Not quite the wooot-woot, but with exhaust, downpipes, CAI, it sounds awesome. Frankly, only a few superchargers sound better.

Man a custom tune will really wake up that setup you've got there Tunage! Looking forward to reading your post tuned review one day!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know, I want to... I just know that Ford records modifications to the ECU so I was trying not to. Really what I want right now, with gas nearing $4/gal for me, is to be able to use a strong 87 Tune to essentially feel the same or better than 91, so I can save .20 a gal or more.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know, I want to... I just know that Ford records modifications to the ECU so I was trying not to. Really what I want right now, with gas nearing $4/gal for me, is to be able to use a strong 87 Tune to essentially feel the same or better than 91, so I can save .20 a gal or more.
Note, I had a 5 Star tune installed while Ford assessed and replaced 1 turbo and a wheel hub under warranty. I get that dealer to dealer experience will differ. I did ask if they cared about the tune, tech said no.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Note, I had a 5 Star tune installed while Ford assessed and replaced 1 turbo and a wheel hub under warranty. I get that dealer to dealer experience will differ. I did ask if they cared about the tune, tech said no.

Yeah, I've had tunes on in the past with my Jeeps, and 9 times out of 10 I would revert back to factory right before service, but I noticed on my most recent major service (to get two turbos replaced) the new tech (new since the dealer was bought and lost all of their long time techs) made damn sure to notate in the work order things that were aftermarket. He for example made sure to note that there was aftermarket lighting, the intake, etc. Just feels like they are possibly documenting all of it to make a case later. Given how high I escalated the turbo issues, maybe Ford is even in on it. Feels like I have a Moss fight on my hands in the future.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had tunes on in the past with my Jeeps, and 9 times out of 10 I would revert back to factory right before service, but I noticed on my most recent major service (to get two turbos replaced) the new tech (new since the dealer was bought and lost all of their long time techs) made damn sure to notate in the work order things that were aftermarket. He for example made sure to note that there was aftermarket lighting, the intake, etc. Just feels like they are possibly documenting all of it to make a case later. Given how high I escalated the turbo issues, maybe Ford is even in on it. Feels like I have a Moss fight on my hands in the future.

Wow… interesting.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Low speed neighborhood driving my 19 with 15,000 miles has a turbo whistle if you listen for it very normal. Our 1.8T vw was louder.

Normal stuff. Bet 50% of the complaints and dealer visits with these vehicles are for normal operating sounds lol. We have a huge population of vehicle owners who spend 90% of their day stressing over a machine they likely can’t really afford so its a constant trip to the dealer.

I’m convinced if vehicles today were as unreliable as they were in the 50’’s-80’s we would need huge mental hospitals to house the “vehicle distressed”

Typically you need a window open at low speeds to hear it. Especially todays vehicles that use all kinds of funny sound games and technology inside the vehicle to make it sound cool.