Made seat kick panels...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2 year old daughter puts her shoes on the back of my seat and since the EL leather (or whatever it's really made of) is still perfect, my wife and I decided to buy some marine vinyl at JoAnn's and make some simple kick panels for all of our seat backs to protect them from little feet. We have another one due Feb so we just made them for the first two rows. Tucked them into the seat back pocket and they work perfectly to protect the seat backs. You can buy these but it was fun to make them. 3102cd178a12f1b6a59d6fc6136f26b1.jpg2bd42fd536dd1a7b2cdfcffe4fe1ef12.jpg2b5da5f03c773c1abb45a898442aab8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpndrcn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2 year old daughter puts her shoes on the back of my seat and since the EL leather (or whatever it's really made of) is still perfect, my wife and I decided to buy some marine vinyl at JoAnn's and make some simple kick panels for all of our seat backs to protect them from little feet. We have another one due Feb so we just made them for the first two rows. Tucked them into the seat back pocket and they work perfectly to protect the seat backs. You can buy these but it was fun to make them. 3102cd178a12f1b6a59d6fc6136f26b1.jpg2bd42fd536dd1a7b2cdfcffe4fe1ef12.jpg2b5da5f03c773c1abb45a898442aab8c.jpg

Great idea, now if only you didn't feel the feet coming through your seat also.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol. I've instructed her not to kick the back of my seat so she doesn't, but her feet do rest there and when she's playing with something or moving around in her car seat at all, her feet are scuffing up the leather so it made sense to protect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put a brown towel behind the seat of my 08 Expy until my little ones were out of the car seat. I was amazed at how much food was underneath the car seat when I removed it - YUK!

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score

How much that cost ya?

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One bath towels at Walmart cost me $8.96. I removed the headrest, poked two holes in the towels, reinserted the headrest and they stayed there for almost 6 years. It also helped stop a projectile vomit one time. The towel was long enough to cover the seat pocket so nothing went inside. Thankfully the Weather Tech mats kept it all off the carpet.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a great idea Muddy Bean. If I'm not mistaken, the back of the second row seats are carpeted so that when you lay them down, they matche the carpet in the carpeting in the back.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the material was $12 a yard. We didn't need more than that. Yep my second row rears are carpeted but that carpet is gnarly and impossible to vacuum easily so I just made a set for back there too since I'll be moving the kids to the third row when in laws visit us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Suicide knob.....nice touch. Haven't seen one of them in years.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Suicide knob.....nice touch. Haven't seen one of them in years.
Lol. Indeed. I have no physical need for one, but I've always had them on all my trucks. I love them. Just makes parking lot or tight multi-point turns quick and easy. And with the electric steering of my EL, it's a total breeze.