Not Sure If We Made The Right Choice…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dusty19

Reaction score
When I bought my used 2015 expy back in 2020, the drivers side seat control panel was missing. But the dealer had ordered a new one and was just waiting on the part to come in to install it. I would imagine that what they should do, not sure what their interior guy is going to rig up to “fix it”.

Just curious, was this a Bill Luke or Earnhardt? Fellow Arizonan here. I bought mine up at Camelback Ford.
Yeah I fully expect the most “Mickey mouse” fix in the history of fixes. I already found the thread on here to drill a screw into a master hole and use paint and screw covers to doctor it up nicely, so I’m sure that’s what I will be doing eventually. Almost all of the clips are broken off so there’s just no way this interior guy is going to get it nice and secure…

It was neither. I don’t want to say where exactly because I don’t want to draw negative attention on them in any way, but it’s not one of the large ford franchise stores.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Photo 3: Marking on the door jam resembles a stock number from a junkyard.

Photos 1 and 2: no clue what's in these photos. Can't find anything resembling them in my '17. Red thingies?

Hopefully whoever agreed to the "mandatory" options got kissed. "Cuz it's normal to get get kissed after you're...

-- Chuck

OP
OP
D

Dusty19

Reaction score
I should probably stay in my lane here, but the first red flag I saw was, why is your wife buying vehicles with her Dad and not you?! You don't have to answer. Not our business, just something to think about. Do you not like the vehicle because it's crappy or because you were left out of the purchase?
Haha you’re fine, the reason I wasn’t with was because her dad has been a “salesman” his entire professional career. Not a car salesman, but a very large industrial equipment salesman for very high profile clients across the United States. He’s now a retired millionaire, and also being ex-military, has really nothing better to do other than insert himself into our large financial decisions (we live down the street, so they’re way too involved in our personal lives as they constantly drop by unexpectedly and invite us over for dinners etc).

He got his “large and in charge” pants on when she told him she was interested in this vehicle from a local dealer. He *insisted* that he go with her to give the salesman there a “run for their money”. Normally I would go with, but we also have 3 children all 7 and under, and I work from home, so I ended up taking baby sitting duty.

I fully trust him, but he isn’t as picky as I am with our vehicles. My wife said she let him do his thing, and, well, here we are.

It’s not a huge deal. Just some cosmetic stuff, but I’m very meticulous when it comes to purchasing used vehicles. I’ve basically done it my entire life… I used to flip cars for a living, worked at dealerships, etc. Sometimes though, you have to put your ego aside and show some respect to your elders.

OP
OP
D

Dusty19

Reaction score
Photo 3: Marking on the door jam resembles a stock number from a junkyard.

Photos 1 and 2: no clue what's in these photos. Can't find anything resembling them in my '17. Red thingies?

Hopefully whoever agreed to the "mandatory" options got kissed. "Cuz it's normal to get get kissed after you're...

-- Chuck
Photos 1 and 2 are the “foggy” scratches all over the window along with the remnants of some numbers that were once drawn onto the window and left a “shadow” that won’t wipe off

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha you’re fine, the reason I wasn’t with was because her dad has been a “salesman” his entire professional career. Not a car salesman, but a very large industrial equipment salesman for very high profile clients across the United States. He’s now a retired millionaire, and also being ex-military, has really nothing better to do other than insert himself into our large financial decisions (we live down the street, so they’re way too involved in our personal lives as they constantly drop by unexpectedly and invite us over for dinners etc).

He got his “large and in charge” pants on when she told him she was interested in this vehicle from a local dealer. He *insisted* that he go with her to give the salesman there a “run for their money”. Normally I would go with, but we also have 3 children all 7 and under, and I work from home, so I ended up taking baby sitting duty.

I fully trust him, but he isn’t as picky as I am with our vehicles. My wife said she let him do his thing, and, well, here we are.

It’s not a huge deal. Just some cosmetic stuff, but I’m very meticulous when it comes to purchasing used vehicles. I’ve basically done it my entire life… I used to flip cars for a living, worked at dealerships, etc. Sometimes though, you have to put your ego aside and show some respect to your elders.
I was just thinking how disrespected my husband would have felt in the same situation. We farm/ranch so there are a lot of financial decisions to make.

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was just thinking how disrespected (and rightfully so) my husband would have felt in the same situation. I'm well versed in overbearing family members. I live 1,000 miles from home and they come visit on my terms now. Lol. I'm married to Mr. Meticulous himself, so I get that too. Maybe, next time Big Daddy can babysit and you and the wife go car (or other major purchase) shopping together. Good luck!