mainfolds bolts have broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IL67BP

Reaction score
Where in nyy are you silver back? I'm near bridgewater.

IL67BP

Reaction score
Ok that's about an hour from me.. I work 6 days a week I'm willing to help if. We can work out a schedule. I'm not a mechanic but I do work on my bikes and truck myself 90% of the time usually only restricted by the tools I don't have. I don't recommend that prograbit it will break. What tools do you have? Not sure what other people do to fix it but I'm thinking drilling it out one Size small and re tapping. Am I correct in thinking the heads are aluminum?

OP
OP
silverbackexpo

silverbackexpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the heads r aluminum I know its a stock 5.4. Wat tools do I need an I know that auto zone sells a kit like that. I just know that these dam things r on there

OP
OP
silverbackexpo

silverbackexpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An for any of those who r drinkers of the hard stuff I do have straight white lightning. If drink this u will piss sunamis(spelling) an crap thunder an lightning. :nutkick:

IL67BP

Reaction score
Ok so we need to find out t the original stud size so you can get the correct tap and drill bit. The bit will have to be a very good quality one. There is a tool that is made to extract exhaust studs. I will search for it. That is the best bet because it keeps the bit centered. Drilling with a hand tool can be tough to keep straight.

OP
OP
silverbackexpo

silverbackexpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bolt is 7mm or 1/4 my next question is do I have to take the whole manifold off or can I change the bolt that's bad because its not flush against the block.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would completely take it off, and clean the block of rust that may have formed under the manifolds just to be safe, i would love to help you with this i wish i lived closer

OP
OP
silverbackexpo

silverbackexpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys I'm jus goin to have to wait till I get the money to get them fixed. And the stud size is a 7mm or 1/4 so hopefully I get sumone to help me cause I've never done this on the EXPO before.