maintenance question on 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have 2011 EL and I wanted to do some maintenance. I went to a dealer and got 10 quarts of motorcraft tranny fluid and filter and will do tranny drain and fill (sorry not big on flushes). I asked dealer about fuel filter and he said it is maintenance free and does not need to be replaced???? I asked for cabin filter and he said it does not have one?? So what should I replace?? I do full synthetic oil change every two weeks with filter.

Besides oil and air filters are there any other replacable filters??

Btw I put 10000 miles a month so its more about mileage replacement than age.

thank you

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fuel filter is part of the pump, sorry . I would consider the trans flush as it also soes the tq convertor. I would ask them to not use any aftermarket chems with it though[waste of money]. these trannies are rated to go 100k miles before service but at your rate that is every year.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how long is the trans fluid good for? isnt it like 60K or something?

OP
OP
D

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So besides oil change tranny service and air filter there are no other maintenance items to be replaced??

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would change coolant regularyly along with the differential fluids and brake and power steering fluids.

Also the serpentine belt.

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The coolant is due around 100k also along with the tranny, and diffs. at your rate of usage with highway miles mostly that is plenty often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT