Michelin ltx a/t2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got the Michelin LTX M/S on my Mountaineer and hate them. My primary reasons for buying them were a smoother highway ride and treadwear. Although they do ride fairly well on the highway, the treadwear has been terrible; they're rated at 60K and at 40K, they're toast. Moreover, the grip in turns sucks and their snow/ice performance sucks as well. At $422 for the set (235/75R15), I'm not bitter about it, but I wouldn't buy them again. I may check out some Generals next time around as the ones on my wife's Mazda are awesome.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got the Michelin LTX M/S on my Mountaineer and hate them. My primary reasons for buying them were a smoother highway ride and treadwear. Although they do ride fairly well on the highway, the treadwear has been terrible; they're rated at 60K and at 40K, they're toast. Moreover, the grip in turns sucks and their snow/ice performance sucks as well. At $422 for the set (235/75R15), I'm not bitter about it, but I wouldn't buy them again. I may check out some Generals next time around as the ones on my wife's Mazda are awesome.

Strange for sure, all we run on our F-250 and F-350s are the LTX AT2 or MS depending on where the guy is working, if it's sandy they go with the MS as they float much better, if it's mixed they go with the AT2s. We're seeing 50-6K miles out of the AT2s and 80-100 out of the MS. These truck are easily twice the weight of your Mountaineer and put down at least twice maybe 3 times the torque too which has a significant impact on life. I'm wondering on tire pressure and alignment. PS if they are rated for 60K and you got down to 2/32nd with at 40K you will get a prorate of 20K miles, go get another set and see if they work better, they've sold too many sets to be "suck".

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the LTX M/S on my Escape. Fantastic tires. On heavier vehicles they don't seem to last nearly as long. I've got close to 25,000 miles on mine and they look brand new still. Quiet in the dry, snow/ice traction is great, and they seem to wear like iron.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Strange for sure, all we run on our F-250 and F-350s are the LTX AT2 or MS depending on where the guy is working, if it's sandy they go with the MS as they float much better, if it's mixed they go with the AT2s. We're seeing 50-6K miles out of the AT2s and 80-100 out of the MS. These truck are easily twice the weight of your Mountaineer and put down at least twice maybe 3 times the torque too which has a significant impact on life. I'm wondering on tire pressure and alignment. PS if they are rated for 60K and you got down to 2/32nd with at 40K you will get a prorate of 20K miles, go get another set and see if they work better, they've sold too many sets to be "suck".

Alignment is good and tires are wearing evenly. They're inflated to +2 over Ford's spec if I recall correctly. I know they're highly rated, which is why I got them, but my singular experience with them simply hasn't been a good one. I'm not too bothered with replacing them as the Mountaineer will be up for sale as soon as the dealer can get their act together and deliver my Expedition EL. :)

kkelly

Reaction score
On my 2016 F350 it came with Michelin LTX A/T2 tires. Ran 97,000 km (60,000 miles)beford I replaced them. They worked hard as well, daily loads on the truck deck of 3,000 pounds.

The only down side for me was as an A/T tire they had challenges once off road.