mirror part 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from what I read (I think) the newer gen expy mirrors will bolt to the first gen expy..... what about the wiring???? power mirror, power fold and turn signal... I've been searching for anyone that has done it.... thats why its part 2 if I cant do superduty mirrors...

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would think you could splice the old plug in to the new harness, and if there is no way to hook up the turn signals, you could splice into the light itself, but myself, I wouldn't be concerned about the power fold. What newer gen will fit ours?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2nd gen. but idk about the wiring. i like my mirrors, even if they are broken!

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if I knew they would bolt up I would think about ordering a set with the turn signals from the 03+ expy... and then trying to make the wiring work... really only want the power mirror and turn signals to function... not too worried about power fold option... wish someone else would have done it already

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the wiring diagram for a 97-02 expy mirror and then one from the 03+ expy mirror... from what i have seen the connectors are different but I am thinking I could just cut and splice the wires to make the swap.... or if anyone has an idea to figure it out... I'm writing a paper for class and trying to figure out this mod.... my brain is fried....