More Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Limited

Reaction score
Well the Expy has been running great after changing fuel pump and fuel filter until last week it started acting up. When I start it sometimes it has a higher than normal idle for a few seconds then it comes back down to normal. Then the next time it cranks longer and idles low. I checked for vacuum leaks but was unable to find any. No check engine lights have been triggered yet. Any thoughts on what it could be? Mileage has been between 17-18 highway and around 15-16 in town.

Thanks

OP
OP

05Limited

Reaction score
Well the Expy has been running great after changing fuel pump and fuel filter until last week it started acting up. When I start it sometimes it has a higher than normal idle for a few seconds then it comes back down to normal. Then the next time it cranks longer and idles low. I checked for vacuum leaks but was unable to find any. No check engine lights have been triggered yet. Any thoughts on what it could be? Mileage has been between 17-18 highway and around 15-16 in town.

Thanks

I know this is an old thread but I figured I would post update in case someone is having the same issue. After dealing with the sparatic starting issues I bit the bullet and replaced all of the injectors in my Expy. So far the problem has been solved. Fuel pressure holds steady now without dropping any psi. Also idles so much smoother, if you have the radio on you can't even tell it is running. Should improve the fuel mileage too, although I was impressed on a 1600 mile trip before injector change I averaged 17.0 with the a/c on and driving hills in southern Missouri. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

I work at a parts store so the injectors were priced right and it took about 1.5 hours to switch them all.

Have a great day

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65