Mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbiii

Reaction score
Im seeing people claim anywhere between 14-20 mpg so im wondering why im only seeing 11.7-12 mixed (mostly highway) in mine? I just changed plugs about 300 miles ago and oil 2 days ago.. Ill be tossing in a new air filter tonight or tomorrow also but I dont see that being the issue.

*edit* 99 5.4 EB.

Last edited:

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if im on "e" and i put $20 in.....i get 85 miles its 8 gallons....or maybe liters come to think of it.
better cb....use your mind.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cbiii

Reaction score
if im on "e" and i put $20 in.....i get 80 miles.

thats chancing it to...85 if not mistaking.the ONLY weight i carry is spare...trucks empty.city miles ONLY...and not pushing hard from full stop or light.

over 8 gallons...8 1/4 gal.
...none of that makes sense.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it mainly because we have modded our trucks...we all have aftermarket intakes or performed the GOTS MOD, changed our exhaust, and have programmers...at a minimum.

OP
OP
C

cbiii

Reaction score
it mainly because we have modded our trucks...we all have aftermarket intakes or performed the GOTS MOD, changed our exhaust, and have programmers...at a minimum.

in my experience, modding cars HURTS fuel exonomy.. what were people getting before mods?

WCAWI

Reaction score
I've had 5 Expeditions over the years. Just a K&N filter was the only thing changed. I've always gotten 11.8 - 12 mpg city hiway combined. On highway I can pull around 15 if not pushing it.

in my experience, modding cars HURTS fuel exonomy.. what were people getting before mods?

fiveohpoepoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is my 4th 1st generation. Most I ever got on the hwy was 16.2 and that was in my 99 with the 5.4 on 33,s. Lowest I have in town was 9.5 with one of my 98,s with the 4.6 and stock tires.
At most a Flowmaster and K/N with the above numbers.
Now I have the Motts and a good idea of the mpg prior to it. Also have a new SCT, but havent driven enough to check the mileage

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have k&n intake, flowmaster exhaust, superchips vortex programmer, AND 24's and i get 19 city and 23 hwy...