My first Ford Expedition.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VoxVeritatis

Reaction score
Most likely a simple fix on the mirrors. There is so little space inside the driver's door that the operation (motion) of the power driver's window tends to push the panel slightly back and forth over time as the window travels up and down. This will contribute to the loosening of the wiring harness to the side mirror control switch. Mine (173k) didn't need a new switch or motor replacements. I just removed the door panel and re-seated the harness. When mine stop working again - they will - I'm going to re-seat it and cable tie it tight.

Bilsto

Reaction score
I also have a 2000 and I enjoy it. Just turned over 248,000 miles yesterday. I had the same problem with the odometer. I took the gauge cluster apart and re-soldered the joints for the LED numeric display. Hasn't gone out since. My nagging problems have been the heater and the rear wiper. But I'm making progress on those.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Others can chime in on the tranny.
I would NOT flush it. Just drain and fill.

Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I take mine to the Ford dealer every 50k mikes and they flush it. They say they get more of the old out and more new in.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I also have a 2000 and I enjoy it. Just turned over 248,000 miles yesterday. I had the same problem with the odometer. I took the gauge cluster apart and re-soldered the joints for the LED numeric display. Hasn't gone out since. My nagging problems have been the heater and the rear wiper. But I'm making progress on those.

My odometer does the same thing!!! I’m not handy though.

backnine29

Reaction score
As stated earlier, same odometer light problem. Found a YouTube video on how to repair it. Unfortunatrly, too much awkward work for my skills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
As stated earlier, same odometer light problem. Found a YouTube video on how to repair it. Unfortunatrly, too much awkward work for my skills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Uhhhh not for me. I got angina just watching him pull apart the panels.