my other truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by mjstef
My POS 6.0 i traded on the Ex. Shoulda never sold my 7.3 and bought the 6.0. Baaaad move.............

PegBillAndHouse172.jpg

ARE YOU KIDDING?!? stud that bad boy then make some crazy power!

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
n500595249_18323_3115.jpg

Arriving in Orillia

n500595249_18319_1548.jpg

at home

mjstef

Reaction score
Originally posted by AvroAero
ARE YOU KIDDING?!? stud that bad boy then make some crazy power!

12K worth of Warranty work on the engine in 138K miles. Gutless as hell off the line with the 6spd. even with a 125HP Edge Module, AFE intake and a 4" Exhaust. No the mods were not my problem either. I ate EGR valves(5) and EGR coolers(3) as well as 2 sets of injectors. NEVER had a head gasket problem.
That motor was made for an automatic tranny plain and simple. While it ran great from about 30mph on up it just was not dependable. My 7.3's all had 150+K miles on them when sold and never touched any of them. They were making as much or more power than the 6.0...............

Last edited:

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea running a manual you can't really do a boosted launch so you'll get the turbo lag. Was yours an early 03?
I'm in the market for a excursion and wana push the 6.0 to about 400+rwhp and 700flbt

Was you 7.3 manual to?

mjstef

Reaction score
Yea running a manual you can't really do a boosted launch so you'll get the turbo lag. Was yours an early 03?
I'm in the market for a excursion and wana push the 6.0 to about 400+rwhp and 700flbt

Was you 7.3 manual to?

All of my diesels were 5 and 6 speeds. I would built a 7.3 Excursion. Lot easier build and just as much if not more power.........

Hypermax...............

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
7.3 I'll lose mileage which was my initian reason to buy, otherwise I might just wait and get a 5.4 expy once my current one has some more time in.

Last edited:

mjstef

Reaction score
7.3 I'll lose mileage which was my initian reason to buy, otherwise I might just wait and get a 5.4 expy once my current one has some more time in.

I don't know of ANYONE out there that gets better mileage with a 6.0 compared to a 7.3. The best i EVER got with my 6.0 is 17 and all my 7.3's were spec'd the same way but all did right at 20 mpg.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've heard somewhat better. Also I might be able to get headstuds done for free so theres a few grand shaved. Mostly for the newer ride. Thanks for the input though.

mjstef

Reaction score
I've heard somewhat better. Also I might be able to get headstuds done for free so theres a few grand shaved. Mostly for the newer ride. Thanks for the input though.

Don't gotta stud a 7.3 unless you go over 600 HP. FWIW i wouldn't do this with a 6.duh................

twinturbopsd.jpg