My Project any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cicattleco

Reaction score
My wife has a 2000 expedition XLY that has been a lot of fun. In June 2018 I had an opportunity to buy a second expedition EB for $300 without keys from an impound lot. I didn't know if it ran and decided to take a chance. After having a set of keys made and charging the battery it started right up and ran OK. I changes all plugs, oil, and filters and it runs great. At the time it had 240000 miles. I decided it would make a fun off road vehicle in the West Desert of Utah.

I have since replaced air bags with coils, lifted the front with torsion keys and spacers in the rear, repainted the enitre vehicle with Raptor Liner and added larger tires. I am hoping to replace the front bumper with a heavier bumper and winch and build a cargo rack on the top.

I have enjoyed this vehicle so far and i am looking for sugestions to make it more unique and fun to play with.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just stay up on maintenance. These trucks are hard on the front end steering/suspension components. When you do replace, look into a company called Mevotech. They are offering some beefy, oversized replacements.

OP
OP
Cicattleco

Cicattleco

Reaction score
I recently replaced all parts on the front end as they were worn. Ball joints, hubs, tie rods, upper control arms, shocks (by the way I found you can use rear coil shocks from older bronco on the front with a torsion lift.)

I replaced the rear shocks as well with coil over shocks and will be replacing all thebushings next weekend

Got to love Rock Auto

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife has a 2000 expedition XLY that has been a lot of fun. In June 2018 I had an opportunity to buy a second expedition EB for $300 without keys from an impound lot. I didn't know if it ran and decided to take a chance. After having a set of keys made and charging the battery it started right up and ran OK. I changes all plugs, oil, and filters and it runs great. At the time it had 240000 miles. I decided it would make a fun off road vehicle in the West Desert of Utah.

I have since replaced air bags with coils, lifted the front with torsion keys and spacers in the rear, repainted the enitre vehicle with Raptor Liner and added larger tires. I am hoping to replace the front bumper with a heavier bumper and winch and build a cargo rack on the top.

I have enjoyed this vehicle so far and i am looking for sugestions to make it more unique and fun to play with.

Nice. What a steal at $300! Post up pics! Would be cool to see the before and after shots if you got them.