My Turn, short on parking lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me exactly where Splice 224, Connector 158 or Connector 201 is on a 98 Expedition EB, 5.4 4wd? I have a dead short on the line and if I could find any of these, I could isolate it down to the bad section.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Splice S224 Main harness, near T/O C245 to main light switch

connector C158 Left rear of engine compartment

connector c201 left side firewall from instrument panel

OP
OP
thewizardatst24
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Already have the DVD, it's not exactly the best for my style of trouble shooting (Navy). Especially when it redirects you to a page number and the diagrams are listed differently (e.g. - Autolamps 087-001 with no page numbers but things on that page are noted as page 13-13)

Last edited:
OP
OP
thewizardatst24
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I got. No page numbers. I did find C201 and the line going to the rear is clear with the connector disconnected. Also found the line from Fuse 18 in the Junction Box Fuse/Relay panel to the dimmer switch good. Gundecked the connections so I have at least instrument panel lights and rear tail/license lights. Next part is to find the trailer relay and do that.

OP
OP
thewizardatst24
Reaction score
Well, got the trailer relay done. Just made 3 extension jumpers from the relay and then ran a temp wire back to my splices in driver kick panel. Hardest part was trying to find the right relay. I'm not sure which I'm going to do next, autolamps or front park lights. And I finally figured out the page numbers, 13-13 translates to 013-013! DUH!!!