Navigation CDs and setting the Clock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben_D

Reaction score
I have an 03 Eddie Bauer edition with navigation. The disk changer in the center was ripped apart at some point... The cd player in the dash does work though... That said, when I try to set the clock or other related functions it asks me for the navigation cd... I don't have one... I can set the clock by poking around in the menus, but it doesn't keep time after I shut off the engine. If I buy one of these ebay nav cd's do you think I could get the clock to stay set? (guessing it pulls time from the gps signal.) Is there some way to test without blowing a lot of money? (I get better navigation from my phone than I would with the latest cd set available.) I'd torrent it and burn a copy to test it, but there isn't any iso's of the old cds out there.

Any thoughts and or experience would be appreciated.

Thanks.
-Ben

OP
OP
Ben_D

Ben_D

Reaction score
I went ahead and did a buy it now on ebay for some disks... We'll see how it turns out.

OP
OP
Ben_D

Ben_D

Reaction score
Well, a navigation disk did allow me to set my clock! Funny how that works. I have a nav disk for new england now! Shame I'm in Michigan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX